Summer 2012 Reading Challenge

Good job being patient, y’all. I just know you are chomping at the bit, trying to hold off deciding what book to read next. Your wait is over, here is the official Summer 2012 Reading Challenge.

For those of you who came in late, the rules are simple. All you have to do is complete each of the ten reading tasks between now and the end of August. Half the fun is finding the books to fit the task (ok, maybe not half, maybe more like 20%) and the other half the fun (or 80%) is reading books! Who knows, you might just discover some hidden gem of the book world that you wouldn’t have picked up if it hadn’t met one of the challenge criteria.

IF you complete the challenge, and let me know about it, there MIGHT be prizes awarded. This is still a bit of an unknown because no one has ever told me that they finished a challenge. Ten books, four months – you can do this. For easy reference, the challenge tasks will be posted as a page on this blog (see tab near the top). Good Luck and Good Reading!

#1 May 4 is National Candied Orange Peel Day Read a book with an orange cover, or at least something orange on the cover.

#2 May 23 is Lucky Penny Day Read a book with a word in the title that is a type of money or a synonym for money.

#3 June 15 is Smile Power Day Read a book with someone smiling on the cover.

#4 June 17 is Fathers Day Read a book that you think your father would also like to read.

#5 July 4 is National Country Music Day Read a book with a title that could be a line in a country song.

#6 Stars and Stripes Forever Read a book with the name of a state in the title (stars) or a book that takes place in one of the 13 original colonies (stripes).

#7 July 13 is Embrace Your Geekness Day Read a non-fiction book.

#8 August 9 is Book Lovers Day Read anything, but it has to be a physical, printed book.

#9 The fourth week in August is Be Kind to Humankind Week Read a book about someone of a different race or nationality than you.

#10 All Work and No Play Read a book where a word in the title, or the author’s name, is also a job or profession (i.e. baker).

One thought on “Summer 2012 Reading Challenge

  1. Pingback: Reading Challenge Update « Thoughts from the back

Your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s